Trent university dating peace river alberta dating
The college is home to the Political Studies department and the Trent University Alumni Association.
The fourth college, established in 1968, it is named in honour of Flora Mc Crea Eaton, Lady Eaton.
The CGE donation included a functioning hydroelectric power plant dating from the 1890s, which still generates a substantial portion of the university's electricity and produces income for the university; the power plant underwent a .8-million upgrade in 2013.
Trent owns 50% of the power plant along with Peterborough Utilities Group owning the remaining 50%.
Traill College is also the home of Trent University's Continuing Education program.
Traill College consists of Wallis Hall and Crawford Houses, which are residential; as well as Scott House — the original location of Catharine Parr Traill College — Kerr House, and Fry Lodge (formerly the Principal's Lodge) which is named after the college's first principal, Marion Fry.
Canadian General Electric, a major industrial employer in Peterborough, donated a 100-acre parcel of land along the Otonabee and other lands were subsequently acquired on both sides of the river to serve as the site of the university's permanent campus.In fall 1964, the university welcomed its first students to the new campus, consisting of three refurbished older buildings in central Peterborough: Rubidge Hall, Catherine Parr Traill College for women, and Peter Robinson College for men.Modelled on the provincial University of Toronto Act of 1906, Trent established a bicameral system consisting of a senate (faculty), responsible for academic policy, and a board of governors (citizens) exercising exclusive control over financial policy and having formal authority in all other matters.Eight "houses" connected by an interior walkway called "the Link", make up Otonabee's residence.
The residence is co-educational, although there are single-sex areas within the houses.It contains the offices for the departments of History, Philosophy, Women's Studies, and Modern Languages. To the east of the College are located the new buildings of the DNA Cluster and the Forensic Science program.